About Library “Ivo Andrić”
The Library “Ivo Andric,” is a library of the Andrić Institute. It was founded in 2013. Students and teachers of the International Academy of Arts, academics and researchers from the fields of history, literature and film will use this library.
In less than a year since the library have collected 8000 units of material. The library possesses literature in Serbian, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and other languages. These are mostly monographs and periodicals of literature, history, art and psychology.
The library has a reading room with 15 reading places. For users are also available 5 computers with internet access.
Current priorities of the library are connecting on Cobiss system and automation of business, enriching the collection and creation of conditions for the provision of various services to the users.
Vision of library is to become scientific, educational and information center of the Andrić Institute.
Providing support to the work of the Andrić Institute and the International Academy of Arts through providing access to knowledge and information.
“Ivo Andrić” Library has the following objectives:
- providing access to library and information material for scientific and educational purposes
- extending and complementing the fund in accordance with the needs of the Andrić Institute
- giving support in scientific research – help with research, finding and evaluating information; education on the use of electronic resources, etc..
- supporting lifelong learning
- establishment of reference collections
- organizing various cultural activities